You need to like yourself and what you are doing both personally and professionally, if you want to make a difference! This sounds like an easy statement, but there is so much more to it!
This year, take some time for yourself. I am not talking about a vacation or cruise. I am talking about building a healthier you. By taking care of “You” – You will have more to offer others.
Build some time into your schedule to do the following:
- Pray – Think about the needs of others and yourself and reflect on these things.
- Journal – Write things down, especially items specific to goals
- Read – Blog posts, books, articles – Stay in touch with the world around you.
- Network – Online and offline
- Exercise – Make sure you are working out on a regular basis
- Track your activities and accomplishments
I am learning each year how important it is to insure these items are a part of your normal life. By doing these things, you will see a new you in 2013. Various people have shared these ideas with me over the years and together, it makes for a better experience. Spend some time this week and get your priorities together. Schedule some time and see how you can accomplish many goals and dreams.